Welcome to the UKpouchies Website and Forum

The website and forum are currently undergoing some long overdue updates.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope normal service will resume soon.

Updates will be posted on our UKpouchies Facebook page.

Help Wanted.

A place to advertise any animals needing re-homing.

Moderators: Ratchet, Trekky

Forum rules
Please read the Classified Rules before posting in this section. Classified Rules
Please lock topic or delete once sale has ended
Trekky
Forum Admin
Random Question: Rodent
the middle number (33): 33

Help Wanted.

Post by Trekky » 05 Oct 2009 10:23

Hi all,

Ukpouchies as some of you may know have taken in a few rescues over the last year.

Over the past year we have seen an increase in the number of people contacting us for help with re-homing. We have done our best to accommodate those that have come to us but we have now reached our maximum capacity :-( .

My aim is to set up a rescue centre specifically for this but funding makes this an unrealistic idea at this moment in time. So until i can make this possible I am calling out for volunteers who would like to get involved in a fostering and re-homing scheme.

I need to make you aware that a lot of the rats that are likely to come to you will be untame as these are the ones most likely to be unwanted.

We are looking for people who are in a position and have the cage space that they can take on a rescue and work with it while we try and find it a suitable home.
Don't worry if you are not able to be a Foster home as we are also looking for volunteer's accross the country that can sign up to do our home visits.

If you are interested can you please drop me a PM or let me know on this thread. :-D

Thank you i look forward to hearing from anyone wanting to help.
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk
Keeper & Breeder of Pouched Rats

Odo, Nerys,B'Elanna & Tora

Trekky
Forum Admin

Re: Help Wanted.

Post by Trekky » 12 Oct 2009 09:49

Hi guy's

Thank you to those of you that have volunteered so far to help with the Pouched Rat Rescue. If anyone would like to help with home checks can you please PM me with your contact details - e-mail and phone number will be enough and the area of the UK you believe you can cover :-D

Thanks again

Trekky :-D
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk

MaffiasAngel

Post by MaffiasAngel » 11 Jan 2012 13:57

Well I don't necessarily have any experience with Gambians, but I have worked with a huge variety of animals in the past, including "vicious" untamed fancy rats, unwanted prairie dogs, a hand reared wallaby and so on, as such I am more than willing to help out it any way I can. I can provide references on request from my previous employer. I do not have a suitable cage at the moment (although I do intend on getting one soon in order to have a pet Gambian rat) but if an immediate foster was in need of housing and came with an enclosure I'd be more than willing to care for him/her until a permanent home could be found. Depending on how much experience you wish your volunteers to have I could be useful helping out with home visits.

I live in South Wales near Cardiff.

If you wish to contact me further you can email me: lisaodin@yahoo.co.uk

I hope you will consider me when making you decision/s and hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

“Do not stalk your prey until you are sure that it is prey.” Glaedr

Trekky
Forum Admin

Post by Trekky » 11 Jan 2012 14:11

Hi thank you for volunteering i will add you to our volunteers list. :-D
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk

slimeysnail
Regular

Post by slimeysnail » 20 May 2012 21:39

Im not sure if I have ever volunteered my services, but I would always be willing to help out wherever possible. I have Millie my Pouchie, and I have also had another ''rescue'' Gambian in the past, Tatty ratty/Munchie (hehe the biter!).

I live in Edinburgh, though can travel all over as required. I often travel down to Lincolnshire, and on occasions to Portsmouth, so can travel anywhere en route etc.

If I can ever be of help, send me an email :)

Sarah xx

Trekky
Forum Admin

Post by Trekky » 24 May 2012 17:23

That would be great Sarah :-D

I've got your contact details (if they're still the same from when we first met) so I'll put you down for the Scotland/North area.
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk

alannajax30

Post by alannajax30 » 20 Aug 2013 12:56

Hey woukd love to register as a foster home for scotland area
can give details of experiance and cages etx I have avaliable or request

Trekky
Forum Admin

Post by Trekky » 20 Aug 2013 13:33

If you PM me through your details I can get you added to the volunteer register :)
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk