Welcome to the UKpouchies Website and Forum

The website and forum are currently undergoing some long overdue updates.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope normal service will resume soon.

Updates will be posted on our UKpouchies Facebook page.

UKpouchies No Longer Breeding

A place where other news topics about Pouched Rats can be discussed

Moderators: Rie x, Trekky

Trekky
Forum Admin
Random Question: Rodent
the middle number (33): 33

UKpouchies No Longer Breeding

Post by Trekky » 30 Sep 2014 17:29

It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing the news that UKpouchies will no longer be breeding for the foreseeable future due to a change in personal circumstances as we will be moving to America in the new year. This does also mean that sadly I will also be saying goodbye to my 2 beautiful babies Odo and Tora as sadly after a lot of discussion with DEFRA and the relevant American government departments there is absolutely no way I can import them into the US with me. :sob:

I will continue to keep the UKpouchies website and forum running as it is still a valuable source of information for new and experienced keepers alike and I will continue to advice on the care of pouched rats to the best of my abilities.
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk
Keeper & Breeder of Pouched Rats

Odo, Nerys,B'Elanna & Tora

Squirrel
Bronze Member
the middle number (33): 51

Re: UKpouchies No Longer Breeding

Post by Squirrel » 27 Oct 2014 16:22

Oh I am so sorry. I think it is a stupid law that you cannot take the big guys! Will you be flying your dog over to the USA though? Whereabouts will you be based over there? We would have taken Tora if we had known!
Mummy to fancy rat girls Gwen, Elsa & Marshmallow

Trekky
Forum Admin
Random Question: Rodent
the middle number (33): 33

Re: UKpouchies No Longer Breeding

Post by Trekky » 27 Oct 2014 17:01

Hi Squirrel,

Totally agree it is a stupid law but made even more difficult with suspicions being linked to bush meat and ebola and pouched rats being hunted as bush meat in Africa :-o

we will be based in San Francisco, California and we will be taking the dogs... really don't think I could of coped if I couldn't take them as well
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk
Keeper & Breeder of Pouched Rats

Odo, Nerys,B'Elanna & Tora