Welcome to the UKpouchies Website and Forum

The website and forum are currently undergoing some long overdue updates.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope normal service will resume soon.

Updates will be posted on our UKpouchies Facebook page.

Animal Planet Documentary

A place where other news topics about Pouched Rats can be discussed

Moderators: Rie x, Trekky

Ratchet
Forum Admin

Animal Planet Documentary

Post by Ratchet » 16 Feb 2010 17:50

Dear All

UKpouchies has recently been assisting a TV production company with advice and footage about Pouched Rats. The program will be shown on the Discovery Channel on Animal Planet on Sunday, March 14th from 8 PM to 10 PM.

Unfortunately the show does not show the rats as 'cute n cuddly' pets so bare this in mind if you decide to watch it. The documentary highlights the issues that the Americans have had with them as an invasive species and will give an insight as to how and why they were banned and the ecological impact they have had over there and the indigenous population of animals. The program itself is called 'Killer Aliens' and below there is a link to the show preview description, there will be several other animals shown on the show, the Pouched Rats are just one element:

http://press.discovery.com/us/apl/progr ... er-aliens/

Should anyone want a copy of the show to keep or if you havent got access to the Discovery Channel, we are being provided with a complimentary DVD that we will be happy to copy and distribute free of charge to any members.

Rie x
Head Moderator
the middle number (33): 51

Re: Animal Planet Documentary

Post by Rie x » 16 Feb 2010 20:44

Can't wait.. Will be interesting.. I love watching programmes about animals when i keep them myself.... :-D

Long live Zee's memory!!! :))
Rie&Linz
WinPig,Hamish and Princess Pan
George black Lab
Wilbur and Wally fancies

Trekky
Forum Admin
Random Question: Rodent
the middle number (33): 33

Post by Trekky » 25 Aug 2010 17:22

Hi everyone,

Just updating this topic as the documentary about the pouched rats in the Florida Keys has now been realised on the TV and the internet for everyone to watch.

Apologises for the delay of this link but we couldn't publish the video until it had officially aired.

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/kill ... h-rat.html
Lesley Reed
lesley@ukpouchies.co.uk
Keeper & Breeder of Pouched Rats

Odo, Nerys,B'Elanna & Tora

RandellB
Random Question: Rodent
the middle number (33): 33

Post by RandellB » 23 Jun 2018 14:27

I've never seen this documentary and the link doesn't work anymore. Can someone hook me up with a link that works? I couldn't find it on my own.